Friday, September 24, 2010

Day #18 - Dwell in an Animal Shaped Buidling

We were inspired to check out buildings shaped like animals (thx. for planting the seed Clayton). If I could wake up my foggy brain (Maria was so excited about this idea she had to wake up every 2 hours last night to discuss it over milk)... I think I recently saw a few articles on this very topic with some very cutting edge architecture. Considering I can't remember where/when/or why I saw those articles, I checked out this blog who has some interesting images to get our collective creative juices flowing this morning.
The sky really is the limit (or is it?) when it comes to building shape and function.
(top photo - Macau Pavilion at Shanghai world expo 2010. middle - The Sheep Building, Tirau, Waikato, New Zealand - bottom photo: fish building, seattle)

1 comment:

  1. i saw that sheep in new zealand! it think it might have been paired with a dog building, and we made a pit stop there...

    anyways, this competition made me think of you: